Finishing first Project
I am, for all intent and purpose, finished my first project. Similar to my Masters thesis, which i realise I have neither covered nor put up for Download here, this project was a custom plugin for the DICOM Viewer Osirix. This time it involved the addition of image filters to the applications UI. The project itself makes use of Core Image Filters which are available in cocoa development. The main issue of the development comes from combining a DICOM image viewer and a Viewer which allows for these filters to be applied. Like every other concievable problem The answer seemed to be easy but the planned solution didnt seem to quite workout. In the end the final project involved some simple OpenGL, make that VERY simple OpenGl, an animated split view, some additions by way of category to existing classes, and a possibly over complicated save mechanic that wouldnt play nice.
All in all I am happy with the result which I will be Posting here at some point in the future, and with that finished I find myself with some questions. The greatest of these being what to do next. The good Mr Teoiny O Connell has in his position a brand new desktop which I would very much like to see. Now that I have the free time I should be able to go visit him. There is always work at the opticians but I think I need to get out of there sooner rather than later. Of course I could always go hunting for the next project Straight away and while I am waiting there is the xna game I am planning to develop. For now I shall Attach a build of the ImagEdit plugin for Osirix. Feel free to try it out but remember it is designed for use with DICOM sets made up of JPG Images.
UPDATE: I will have to wait until I get home to upload the various files because the upload wont work from here. Sorry to disappoint anyone dying to get their hands on the application but go play with Osirix for a few hours and see how that goes.